It is planning time for the year 2016, and we are asking your input for program ideas. 2016 is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Emma, and in keeping with the 2016 AGM theme of Emma, we ask that program suggestions center on that book. You may also attend the planning meeting.
The planning meeting will be on Sunday, September 13, 2015, from 2-4 p.m. at the St. Louis Bread Company located in the Loughborough Commons, near Highway 55 and Loughborough (across from Carondelet Park). The address is 1008 Loughborough Avenue, 63111
For the four meetings per year, a variety of programs can be considered:
- March and September – speaker presentations, open to the public.
- Literary in nature (often presented by a professor or other academic)
- A special area of interest to JASNA members – As we did with Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park, we will probably use the March meeting to hold a “Reading of your favorite passages from Emma.”
- June (members-and-their-guests) – often a book review or discussion, delivered by one of our club members or another other lighter topic
- December (members-and-their-guests) – a birthday celebration for Ms. Austen – mostly light and entertaining in nature, also delivered by one of our club members.
Deadline for submissions is September 6, 2015. Those can be make using the convenient online contact form below.
You can conveniently use your Regional Coordinators’ (Rose Marie Nestor and Jim Heine) online contract form to submit your ideas and suggestions for your 2016 Emma programs.