Welcome! We are your Gateway to Jane Austen for the metro St. Louis area and eastern Missouri, as well as central and southern Illinois.
Members of the Jane Austen Society of North America, Metropolitan St. Louis Region have been celebrating the life and works of Jane Austen since 1980, when the first local meeting was convened with four in attendance. Since then our numbers have grown steadily.
We usually meet four times a year, though sometimes we are presented with an opportunity to present a “Bonus” program. The following format is typical for our quarterly meetings:
- March and September – speaker presentations, open to the public
- Literary in nature (often presented by a professor or other academic)
- A special area of interest to JASNA members
- June (members and their guests) – often a book review or discussion or another topic delivered by one of our region members
- December (members and their guests) – a birthday celebration for Austen, mostly light and entertaining in nature, also delivered by one of our region members
As always, there is the “company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation,” at each of regional gatherings. We look forward to seeing you at one of our in-person or virtual events!
JASNA St. Louis is committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Society. There is no place in JASNA for discrimination or exclusion, including on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, ability, appearance, or education.