We are your Gateway to Jane Austen, not only for Metropolitan St. Louis and eastern Missouri, but central and southern Illinois as well. We welcome all and always look forward to seeing our JASNA-St. Louis Members.
Our beloved members of the Jane Austen Society of North America, Metropolitan St. Louis Region have been celebrating the life and works of Jane Austen since 1980, when the first local meeting was convened with four in attendance. Since then our numbers have grown steadily.
We usually meet four times a year, though sometimes we are presented with an opportunity to present an ‘Bonus’ program. The following format is typical for our quarterly meetings:
- March and September – speaker presentations, open to the public
- Literary in nature (often presented by a professor or other academic)
- A special area of interest to JASNA members
- June (members-and-their-guests) – often a book review or discussion, or another topic delivered by one of our region members
- December (members-and-their-guests) – a birthday celebration for Miss Austen – mostly light and entertaining in nature, also delivered by one of our region members
As always, there is the “company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation.”, at each of regional gatherings. Do consider attending one of our programs and enjoy our diversified programming.